Level of customer service

I do not how to describe the nightmare of buying a mblok mbot product.
It wanted just to have quality time with my son o 8 yers and build robot without using arduino only.

The problem is Widows and laptop (many blogs about that). Apparently it is impossible to correctly activate COM3.

1. the laptop now have windows 10 preinstalled: mblok doesn’t work with win10
  2. I tested 3 laptops with Win ME Win 7: no matters (2 months spent)
  3. I wrote a post and someone gave me standard answer of no use
  4. I was in touch with the techinacal support: this was another nightmare. The person, based in China (I’m from Italy and therefore I have to wake up at 4.00 am), was kind but not enought flexible to understand that I was not a newby and we could solve the problem just talking (the laptop I had to by to have win 7 installed (300€) was non connected on the net to allow remote control). So we spent hours in trying to manage win 10 obviously getting the problem non solved. [maybe a bit of training and less stress on performance would help]

Then i tried to contact tech support via mail but no answer more.

I have a very simple question

1. Am I the only person in the world having this problem ? (serial port com3 that will not work with mblok)
  2. Do you consider a good service to let your customer waiting in fornt of a monitor just to see if the contact in china is available ? (in the early morning…)

Please eighter you solve the problem or give my money back with personal excuse
I was in mind to suggest this product to my children’s school director, but LEGO is definitively better.
You pay more but it works.

Regards
Giuseppe Rossettini

PS: I’m not a IT engineer (am I requested to graduate ?)

Hi Giuseppe,

Sorry for all the trouble caused and we understand your feeling since you struggled with several PCs. Since it works with your friend desktop, the mBot and mBlock should be ok.

Apologize again that haven’t checked your email in time duo to it is very busy on Cyper Monday.
As we agreed on the email, we will check with another time which is available for you. Hope it can be solved then.

Best Regards!

Pour moi , c’est le port 8 qui fonctionne (celui de la prise USB connectée au robot)
Fonctionne avec WIN 10.

Worked on a Win 7 and works on a Win10 laptop using USB and Com3. Sometimes I need to restart mBlock or the robot to make it work.

Hello,

COM 3 is an example. On my Win 10, COM 3 is assigned to the printer, COM 6 is assigned to the mBot. It depends on which COM port is available when the device is connected. The best way to determine which COM port to connect to is:

1. Start the software without the device connected.
  2. Look at the available COM ports.
  3. Connect the device, wait for it the register.
  4. See which COM port is added to the list.
  5. Your device is on the new COM port. Select it.
    Good Luck

Can't reset default programme....or update firmware, or set firmware mode

Hi Problem Fixed: there is just a small switch on the Arduino board prepared by Mblock :imp:.
So you need to turn it on to let the serial port be visible to Windows, even if the original Arduino board works just with serial cable.