Leg servo brackets for walking robots, and a servo controller board

My son and I are in the middle of building a quadrupedal robot controlled by the Makeblock Orion. We made the legs out of short pieces of wood and tongue depressors. I have also machined (very badly!) some aluminum “L” bracket servo mounts so that MG995 and SG90 servos can be mounted directly to the Makeblock system.

It would be great if you guys sold pre-machined aluminum mounts for a few popular servo sizes that could easily be adapted into leg parts. They would basically take the servo at one of four sides, and allow servo horns to be mounted on the other three sides, so that the direction of motion could be changed between leg segments.

More importantly though, it would be great to have a Makeblock plug and play shield/servo board that could control a large number of servos, a la the Lynx SSC-32. http://www.arduino-hacks.com/lynx-ssc-32-terminal/. That’s the board I am going to adapt to control the three segments of each leg on my quadruped…

Can you post some pictures? I think that may help the Makeblock team visualize what your suggesting.

Here’s one I made with my drill press. It’s made on a simple piece of angle aluminum. It would be nice if it had another flange with makeblock spaced holes sticking out in one more dimension, making a “T” profile, and also closed ends that could be screwed into; that way it could be used as a robot leg segment more easily, allowing you to change direction of motion more flexibly…

simple but useful,thanks for sharing