Contactless Temperature Sensor

I am always looking for new robotic platforms to demonstrate to RoboCup Junior teams that will allow them to meet all the challenges set by the RoboCup Junior competitions.RoboCup Junior Australia
A new Rescue Maze challenge will need the robots to detect a heat source, simulated human temperature, as the robot moves around the wall maze field.
I have found these on AdaFruit that look like the will do the trick but need them to work with MakeBlock.
Contactless Heat Sensor
The robots will be within 0 to 75mm of the heat source and need to be able to detect it well.
A robot would need to have 2 to 4 of these attached to it. so that it can detect a heat source on any side and react accordingly.
That then brings me to the port limitations of ME Baseboard having only 8 ports plus 2 motor ports.
For the above temp sensors a Logic Breakout board that allowed up to say 4 individual sensors (touch, light, new temp etc) to be connected to it and the be able to use Boolean logic to determine if an event has been met.
eg. IF port 1 AND port 2 are TRUE THEN (do something.
IF port 1 OR port 2 AND port 3 are TRUE then (Do something)

You might want to see if you can hook up the Adafruit sensors to something like a SX150[7-9] (shamelessly filched from a thread about the Sparkfun IR sensor array). Just a thought anyway. The schematics and wiring diagrams for the mCore/Orion boards are on the wiki (which appears to be down right now).

Will look into that.
However, I’m after solutions that kids can just plug in at this time. I’m building them up to getting their fingers burnt on soldering irons slowly
Thanks