Changing Bluetooth ID

Hey Guys,

I am running a camp with 8 makeblock kits. I am trying to have each group connect to their robot through bluetooth, but because all of the robots have the default name of “Makeblock”, it is getting very confusing which robot is which one.

Any idea how to change the name of the bluetooth module to make distinguishing the robots easier?

I am using the Ultimate Robot Kit 1.0.

Thanks for all the help
Jay

Hi Jayasurya.sridharan,

Since the name for bluetooth module is integrated in the program, there is no method to change the name for the bluetooth module.

I suggest that you can turn off all the robots at first, then power on one robot and connect its bluetooth to a group, once this robot is connected, the blue light on the bluetooth module will be solid on and the other group cannot connect to it anymore. Then power on the second robot and connect to second group. So on and so forth.

Our company will use new bluetooth module which has a unique Mac address and it will be much easier to distinguish in the future.

I see.
Do you have any idea when you guys plan to release these new Bluetooth modules? It would be a very useful feature to have soon.

Hi Jayasurya.sridharan,

It will take a about several months since the project for new bluetooth module is still under evaluating.

Are the new Bluetooth module’s on mbot V1.1?

Hi Luke

The Bluetooth module on mBot V1.1 still has the old version Bluetooth module.

Thanks!