Bluetooth module not pairing

Greetings @tec_support!

I’m attempting to get the Makeblock bluetooth module to pair with OS X El Capitan. The module will initially pair, but it will not stay paired and drops off. It seems to pair with no problems to my mobile devices (haven’t checked with Windows 10 yet). On El Capitan, I get a quick pop-up with a code but then the pop-up disappears and the device comes back as not paired.

I’m sort of at a loss unless there is a special driver needed. Is there a spec sheet on the module?

Hi chuck,

May I know which robot kit you bought?
As for the issue, normally our bluetooth module work on mac os through we may haven’t tested with OS X El Capitan.
On the PC 's settings page, you can only pair with the makeblock bluetooth while cannot connect to it. For connecting, need the mBlock software, please help clarify your issue is for pair or connecting?

To locate the issue quickly, could you help take a video to show your operation for pairing bluetooth and the error?
If the video is large, you can send to my email address (daisy@makeblock.cc), thanks!

I’m working with mBots right now. I’ll shoot a video in the morning and forward it to you.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Chuck

Hi chuck,

Today, we have verified the bluetooth connection on OS X EI Capitan and it works fine.
First, on computer bluetooth settings page, pair the bluetooth with makeblock, it will quickly show ‘connected’ and then change back to disconnected.
Then you need go to mBlock software to connect the bluetooth. Please note: on Mac, the bluetooth option under connect is always grayed out, you need go to Connect->Serial Port instead, and you can find the serial port for bluetooth here, connect to it.
After above, on the computer bluetooth settings page, you see the makeblock bluetooth is connected.

mBlock 5 mBot Bluetooth dongle

Here is a link show how to connect the device to mBlock: http://learn.makeblock.com/getting-started-programming-with-mblock/
In this link, it mentioned that the bluetooth serial will show under serial port option on Mac system.

I follow the instruction below can connect from Mac to BT, but i can’t seem to upload program from mBlock.

Hi Michael,

You can only upload a program to the mBot via the USB cable. The Bluetooth and WiFi modules do not have access to the onboard programmer. You can run programs from within mBlock but they are effectively sending commands over the air to the mBot firmware, not uploading them to the mBot.

Hope this makes sense.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for clarification.