Wireless Joysticks & Makeblock robots

Howdy,

I’d like to open a discussion about this subject.
But maybe i should start with explaining why:

From a beginner’s point of view:

While it can be nice and fun to play with the mobile app programmer/controller for a little while, it seems that the complete desktop version of mBlock is a more attractive/powerful way to go.

On the other hand, the IR remote isn’t friendly at all when it comes to driving a robot smoothly, it’s more like a test tool. The app controller is much better, but there is apparently no way to do a custom program from mBlock (desktop) and then control the robot from a phone/tablet. Also, if the phone is part of the project as a camera for example, you couldn’t use it as a remote anyway.
That means there is no way to precisely/nicely/softly control the robot wirelessly if we create custom programs from the desktop application (mBlock).

I would imagine that for a lot of (most?) people, the first thing that comes in mind about ‘driving’ a robot, nowadays, would be with a wireless joystick, and i’m a bit surprised that it is not a officially supported with Makeblock robots.

@tec_support, is this under the dev team’s radar already?

If there is no plan to implement (code …) this shortly, it would still be very helpful to have some official support documentation about how to make it work using the showcased project (link) for example, even if it’s not a pure mBlock project and involves Arduino code to be tweaked, as long as it is well documented, including the code bits and generic refs for all additional parts.

Please chime in!

Thanks
Stefan