Upload time

I have the mBot Ranger and the latest software and firmware. When I do a very simple upload to the mBot Ranger it takes nearly 10 minutes. Is this normal ?

To have to wait 10 minutes every time you want to make a small change to test it on the mBot can be very time consuming.

Hi kyone,

Do you use mBlock version 3.4.11?
What is the operating system of your computer? Could you attach the program which you want to uploads to the Ranger robot?

Btw, will it takes 10 minutes either if you reset default program for mBot Ranger. Here is the Post to guide Reset Default program for Ranger robot.

10 minute is not normal. Please tell me what computer (CPU, RAM, operating system etc.) are you working on, and if possible please paste the logs.

I understand that 10 mins is not normal. The computer details are quite irrelevant as even a very slow computer should not take 10 mins. It is a Windows 7 64 bit SP1 i5 processor with 8G ram.
The version of mBlock is the latest 3.4.11 and the program is very small.
I have updated the firmware. The reset to default takes about 30 seconds.

Hi,

When uploading, you can see the logs in the following picture. Would you please tell me what it says when the progress is stuck? Thanks.

-Yu