Unable to load laser software

hi

I just completed assembling of laserbot without any problem. however, I could not open mlaser on my mac (OS X. 10.10.3)
(I see the icon but no window appears!)

then tried on a PC (windows 7) and I could only open a CHINESE version! I cannot read Chinese and even when I tried by comparing the tutorial on the website could not go through the first steps as I only got chinese (presumably error) messages

any suggestion to fix this problem?
many thanks

Luciano

Hi luciano,

On the Mac PC, please try uninstall it and install it again have a try. Please download from this link.

As for the issue on Windows PC, you can change the language for the mLaser software. Please refer to this document to login and switch the language.How should I enter mLaser when the opening page is in Chinese.zip (64.4 KB)

If there is error message pops up when you try login,could you take a screenshot for it which would be helpful to locate the problem.

Hi, I have same problem on Mac X 10.10.5 - after opening mLaser no open appears. I also tried to open it as root from terminal, but same problem - no window appears. mLaser was downloaded from http://download.makeblock.com/laserbot/software/mLaserV2.3.dmg and also from github (both are same version).

Thanks for your help.

hi Vaclav

I also had the same problem. could not solve the problem on Mac myself. the suggestions given above did not work for me.

instead, using windows vista 8 and parallel desktop, a friend could make it working for me when we had been able to

1. install the drivers for megaPi
  2. update the firmware

after then it worked quite well, and with considerable precision!
with several repetitions I could also cut a sheet of hornbeam (kind of hardwood) about 1mm thick!
looks not bad at all !

overall, I think it could be extremely helpful if the tech support would write a COMPREHENSIVE set of instructions. in fact all the instructions are here and there in the website but not obvious to put together (at least for me!)

finally I noticed that the software is very basic and a better version with more options would be more helpful
for example:
every time I need to adjust the focus, I must restart the program.
I was not able to process more than one image each time…

perhaps the tech support could gather several suggestions on how to improve the software…?

best
Luciano

Hi Vaclav & luciano,

For the issue that all the mLaser software can’t be opened on your Mac computer, please refer to this instruction have a try.

@luciano, Thanks for your suggestions to us.
We have a learn website where provide all the instructions to for the Laserbot robot (as well as the introduction for the mLaser software)
And here is a Post list the FAQs for the Laserbot, we are under the process of adding more instruction for Laserbot (base on the questions asked by customer) in this post.
In addition, it is also appreciated for your suggestions on improving the software. Currently, it is normal to process only one image each time. we will add it to users suggestion list and convey them to our product team. For one of the problems, do you mean you need restart the mLaser software every time you focus the laser beam? Or other operation lead to this problem?