Software?

Hi Gerhard,

Out of curiosity what is the third party software you’re using? I understand Benbox to be working on updates, but presently it does lack some operability.

Thanks!

Continuing the discussion from Makeblock Laser Engraver Gallery-How to engrave the papercut:

@Gerhard

Hello,
I succesed to upload with ArduinoBuilder v0.8.8 . It uploads every time. It forces reset and uploads with 1200 bit/s . It has very nice GUI.

But I have another problem. I can not draw the fish.dxf. Benbox uploads file and converts, paramaters are ok but the laser goes randomly to the border and switched off with security switch. I dont know is this firmware or benbox issue? It works fine with manual controling through benbox, It is also noticable that laser works but it can not draw as is in file.

Hi and thanks,

I don’t remember if it was the fish but one of the things that took me a while to understand was that for some of the files right after you press the plotter will begin immediately on some other files it doesn’t start immediately it shows a percentage at the bottom that takes a while to load, ie get to 100%. It does his twice for some reason. For a while I thought it just plain wouldn’t work with larger files but it just takes a while before its apparent that it’s trying. I did an outline for a Pepakura file and even though I was using outline by curve it still took about 20 minutes before it started. I also noticed dxfs are almost immediate and bmp and other pictures formats take a longer time.

I just wish I could dictate order of cutting operations in benbox and that I had a scroll bar. And that it was less buggy with certain file types. All that said I’m still doing some cool things with it.

All the best!

If I have good understood, I just need to wait a bit more after the processing of file is finished to get the normal working?

Well… I tried doing an image a bit ago and I felt like I lied to you. I used a jpg image and I let it sit after pressing print for a few minutes and nothing happened. I remembered that it has to be a bmp image. I converted the exact same image to bmp using windows paint and after I pressed print it started in about 30 seconds. Hopefully that helps.

Could we use the newest benbox software? Where can we get it?

Hi @Gerhard, we would like to upgrade the benbox and firmware this week. You would know that when we finish. https://github.com/Makeblock-official/XY-Plotter-2.0

Hello, I have just downloaded the software and installed it. But according what hapens I guess I have specific problem. I have the same issue with new software and firmware. But I dont know where in chain? Manualy controling of axis through motors and manulay switching laser on works. But when the picture sopuse to be drawn there are false movements and false speed and as result picture could not be drawn. Both vector and raster are false. For instance with raster laser works but the movement of the axis is not right. Manulay controling: both works motors and laser. I think following: because manulay control works : that means that laser, axis (motors) and me board v1.0 are ok and malfunction is in software, but I am not sure because this and old software works at other people. Do you think, according to this: that this is software and firmware problem or it is hardware problem or is it my Windows 7 system?

HI!@Gerhard
You can refer to this description.

Download here:[http://learn.makeblock.cc/laserxy2/][1]

Best Regards!
Albert.
[1]: http://learn.makeblock.cc/laserxy2/

I am not very familiar with gcode. I would want to ask if someone could paste the gcode for vector drawing simple circle of 4 cm diameter, laser intensity 255, speed 50, time 250, step 3 . It would be nice test for my configuration to locate the malfunction.

I think I have located the problem and hopefully this is my last post about it. It was my fault, I have missed to set the “jumpers” to HHL on motor controlers. After that for instance the file fish.dxf didn’t make any jumps. And other files worked also, the motor was more precise and silenter. Hopefully I can enjoy the laser engraving now :slight_smile: .