OSX El Capitan: kext can't be loaded anymore because they disabled kext-dev-mode

I upgraded to El Capitan, and discovered this evening that I can’t connect to my mBot anymore…
Apple disabled the ability to bypass the kext signature by running ‘sudo nvram boot-args=”kext-dev-mode=1″’

Please Makeblock, make your vendor provide a signed driver.

Otherwise, we’ll be forced to buy the drivers from other sources… which we can’t be sure of how reliable or secure it is.

I gave up on programming my ME Orion on my Mac as soon as I found out about the dev mode workaround. (If you could have disabled it for one driver, then it would have worked, but with the global switch, it wasn’t worth the security hole.) In both Yosemite and El Cap, I’ve been able to use Parallels with Windows 10 VM to program without issue. If you don’t have/want Parallels, I was also able to make a bootable Windows 10 flash drive and work that way.

Still, getting the MB drivers signed would be the best solution for all.

Please email to support@makeblock.cc to get programming support, thanks

Same problem here… If this isn’t working, then I’m returning (at least until they have this fixed).

please release an updated driver for OSX (10.11) El Capitan –
I’ll return the mBot to the store if you will not release a updated OSX 10.11 driver (I will not in any case stop Kext signing because it is a part of the security of an Apple computer and stopping Kext signing will allow malware and virusus on my system – and my Boss enforces that Kext signing is still in the ON position)

solution is here: http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/mac-os-x-el-capitan/2105/6