mLaser displays wrong interface locale

Downloaded latest mLaser from github. Started it up. Everything is in Chinese.

I’m running on a North American 2015 MacBookPro with the Max configuration possible.

Can you tell me why it did not detect the appropriate interface for my locale.

More importantly: Can you tell me how to fix it.

I got annoyed and went to figure it out myself. Usually localization information is contained within the info.plist file for a Macintosh application. Not so for mLaser. Instead, its controlled by mLaser.ini in the MacOS subfolder of the application bundle. In that WINDOWS initialization file there is a section called mode with a key of language which is, by default, set to zh which is the ISO identifier for Chinese locale.

This is not Platform Compliant. Multiplatform systems must interrogate the host operating system instead of setting defaults. Either that or there should be locale specific builds as part of the build process.

The Doc implies that its gonna be easy. Luckily I’ve got the right background to figure out issues such as this. What about a kid who got the kit for Christmas?

Hi libertytrooper,

Glad to hear that you figured it out and thanks for your advice.
Actually, here is a link to download the Mac version mLaser in English.
Besides, here is a link provide more info to use the mLaser software.

Interesting. I am reasonably sure that I installed that version before yet I’ll have to go to my back ups to check. You see, my system records with each file the URL from which it was downloaded. The most recent version I have on my drive is from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Makeblock-official/mlaser_resources/master/distribution/mac/mLaser.dmg, https://github.com/Makeblock-official/MLaser

All that ‘Official’ release stuff kind of leads one astray I suppose. By the way, am I incorrect in stating that North America is your largest market?

None of it matters since I’ve sent in a tech support request because BT is not connecting on the board. I’ve since built the Plotter and will test that in the next day or so (once I can free up some time from writing).

Hi libertytrooper,

You can try the one download form official website.
The North America is one of our largest markets. As for the BT connection, you need to upgrade firmware for the Orion board first, then disconnect the USB connection and connect the Bluetooth.
If stillt the issue, please kindly let me know the details.

I just downloaded the official v2.4 Windows version of mLaser from http://learn.makeblock.com/en/software/ and it shows everything in Chinese! Not cool :frowning: My Mac download worked fine. I just wanted to see how it worked in Windows. I’ll try to figure out what that first guy did to fix it.

Hi JolleyLama,

Yes, the open page is Chinese, please refer to this instruction to enter the mLaser software and switch the language to English.How should I enter mLaser when the opening page is in Chinese.zip (64.4 KB)

The next version mLaser software will solve this issue, please kindly wait.

Besides, here is a post listing the FAQs for Laserbot to you for reference.
And here is the Learn website where provide more info for Laserbot.