Missing Ultrasonic Sensor capacitor

After having trouble getting an Ultrasonic Sensor v3.0 from a Starter Kit working, I realized that the capacitor between C2 and C6 was peeling up from the board. It looks better in the photo below than it originally was because I pushed it down a bit. Interestingly, @glaz described exactly the same problem in his post (Ultrasonic sensor v3.0 0 readout). Either there was a bad batch of these sensors or this component, being on the edge of the board, is easily damaged.

I can solder the delaminated capacitor back in place, but I have another problem: capacitor C2 is totally missing! Can anybody tell me the rating for capacitor C2 so that I can replace it?

According to the schematic (link) it looks like 0.1µF capacitor. You might want to double check for yourself and also copy in @tec_support to get that confirmed. :slight_smile:

I happened to have a few rather large 0.1 uF caps sitting around, so I soldered one in. It looks funny towering above all the surface-mount devices, but it works! Thanks so much for pointing me to the schematic! :+1: