Me USB Host questions - no detailed documentation (/how to) found -

Hello,

I’m trying to use the Me USB Host using Arduino IDE, but can’t find documentation about how to proceed.

A search on google, on this forum or on the makeblock main site doesn’t really help.
http://store.makeblock.com/me-usb-host doesn’t say much.

The same page keeps showing up (a post in this forum) and at first it looks promising , but again, it doesn’t really say much. It’s also on the instructable website, however i don’t think it qualifies for an instructable. Not enough informations to reproduce the project. I tried with an mBot anyway, with no success. By the way, the creator of this project seems to work at Makeblock, or at least that’s what it says there (link from the instructable page).

Could someone help me to use this module? to see if it is receiving/transmitting?
I tried the TestUSBHost example in the makeblock library for Arduino IDE, but i don’t see anything happening. I can’t figure out how to get debug infos in the serial monitor either.

I tried the same setup/pair of PS3 joystick and a Bluetooth 2.4G dongle on an actual Arduino Uno board with a USB Host Shield and it works. I followed these instructions, with this sketch (USB_Host_Shield_2.0).

–>> So the first problem seems to be the PS3 joystick not pairing with the dongle/me-usb-host (4 lights flashing until the device turns itself off). Again, it has been paired with the arduino+shield before, and i tried the same procedure to pair with mBot/me-usb-host/dongle and the joystick (upload sketch with dongle on it, unplug the dongle, plug the joystick into me-usb-host, wait a few seconds, unplug joystick and re-plug dongle, turn joystick on … 4 flashing lights. (i tried turning off the board (mCore) before unplugging as well)

The dongle i have is this one, from TKJ Electronics

I thought it would be easier to start with makeblock products before going to pure arduino projects, but it’s in fact quite the opposite, due to the lack of informations/documentations/tutorials/steps to follow …

Dear @tec_support and @indream (@robotfan - Mr Seiun), could you chime in and help please?

Anyone?

Thank you very much in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Did you ever get any joy with this? I have also tried connecting this using PORT5 but the device never shows as online regardless of what is plugged into the host. I have enabled debug in the usbhost.cpp but it doesn’t give any useful information. I get the same debug regardless of if anything is connected to the usb host or now… Any help with this would be useful

I am also having trouble making this work… I have ordered a new generic controller and it should be here Friday… this will eliminate the problem being a faulty controller… but I am interested in any other feedback on how to make this work.

I understand that MakeBlock is developing their own PS3 like controller but it has been “under development” for a while now! :frowning:

I’m frustrated that it took forever for my MeUSB to finally arrive from MakeBlock (I suggest users order from distributors rather than MakeBlock! - You would think that an order directly with the company would been fulfilled and arrived faster, but that is NOT the case!) sorry for the rant, but now that it has finally arrived I can’t get the controller to work properly and do not know how to test the MeUSB…

Tech support here is almost non-existent…

Regards,

Tim

Hi mj_blue,

Nope, no joy, i gave up after way too many hours/days.
Good luck!
Stefan

Hi Tim,

I hear you!
This wireless thingy is a complete rip-off.

Makeblock’s Tech support is at best a big joke … from poor to crooked, to no answers at all. The guy who did the video (http://www.instructables.com/id/mBot-controlled-by-Wireless-Joystick-using-Me-USB-/) actually works AT makeblock, but they literally told me they wouldn’t help.

I will never buy anything from these guys ever again. Makeblock = RIP-OFF and horrible experience.

Stefan

Hi xenjee,
In this project, need write the communication protocol between the Me USB host and your wireless joysticks. The protocol program varies according to the different wireless joystick, we must have the same wireless joystick you use as well as a R&D engineer who can take time to figure out the protocol program.

The published example project shared long time ago has provided all the necessary processes including the protocol program base on the wireless joystick the engineer use. Base on above facts, it is difficult to provide all the support on using varies of wireless joystick in different personal DIY projects.

Anyway, we are really sorry for disappointing you. Though we want to help as much as we can, this is really beyond our ability. Hope you can understand. We are already on the process of developing our own wireless joystick base on the requirements from part of the users. It will be much easier to achieve such kind project when it is available. Please kindly wait.