Fail to update firmware or upload code

Hi,
Having built and connected the mbot I am trying to update the firmware as described in the instructions. It just times out. Looking at the Arduino console it gets to a line which it tries to execute 10 times. “Programmer is not responding”. Can you help me and my disappointed nephew please?
Simon

Are you connected to the mBot with the USB cable (Bluetooth doesn’t access the onboard programmer).

Hi, USB cable. Downloaded the Arduino 101 firmware and flashed it in the Arduino IDE having got it to compile correctly by installing the library for the accelerometer. I think it’s that in the Makeblock software there is no specific selection for the 101.

Is this an mBot or an Arduino 101? If I recall correctly, @tec_support said something about the 101 being a demo unit so I’m not sure whether it is supported.

Yes it’s an Arduino 101 based mbot.

I have replaced it with an Arduino UNO, what should I choose from the mBlock board choice? Shield? UNO?

If you are using an Arduino Uno, then you should choose that one. You might also want to enable the Arduino extensions. :slight_smile:

There are links here and here that talk about the same problem. This link contains a potential solution.