DC Motor Connector Angle

Please tell me the order number after you finish the order, thanks!

I’d like to ask for clarity. The robot can turn left and right with the 6 AA Batteries as tested. If it does not turn then motor might not be functioning properly?

I too had to goto a 12V battery to get it to function left and right. (One track forward other track backward to turn on a point, on smooth hard surface).

Hi Johnny - I wish I had seen this - I just exchanged a kit because the motors were not working. The kit that I have now also has the bad motors, can I get a free replacement as well? I have purchased this from Radio Shack.

Hi @Jachred,

I’m very sorry for the probelm. You need to make sure that the PWM of 2 motors is 255 and the 6 AAs are new when you test. If it still can’t turn left and right(but it could go forward and back), the motor should have probelm.

Hi @Scott_Melick,

I’m very sorry for the probelm. Please check the motors as I said to @Jachred,

You need to make sure that the PWM of 2 motors is 255 and the 6 AAs are new when you test.

If it still can’t turn left and right(but it could go forward and back), the motor should have probelm. You could order 2 motors on the website (Don’t finish payment)and tell me the order number.

Johnny, Thanks the order number is

Your order from Makeblock (#23810)

Correct PWM = 255 . 2 different sets of AA Battery. The motor will not turn on spot. I too purchased from RadioShack.

765361255974 Order Number?

Hi @Jachred,

What I mean here is you could buy 2 motors on our website and tell me that order number.

Thanks!

Your order ID is #23826.

Oh. Well that is very nice of you.

hi i wasnt sure where to post my 25mm dc motor problem because i purchased a ultimate robot kit from radio shack with cash.
my connector angle is also incorrect and the motors seem to not be able to handle the work load of the entire tank.
the robot arm works great.
is there a way to use the bigger motors as drive motors?
i would really like that…

thank you.

my roommate and i also are having this problem with our starter kits. i love the quality of everything except the motors. i thought something was wrong with the coding but started searching for a solution online and found this. i would also like to know if we can get replacement motors and im curious on what exactly when wrong with the production.

thanks ahead

found the post about faulty motors and emailed, thank you.

here’s the link for future people

Johnny,

I purchased my robot kit from Radio Shack yesterday. I have assembled the bluetooth robot kit and it will not turn on carpet and I even bought brand new batteries. Please let me know if I can order the replacement motors. Also, the connectors were mounted sideways on mine too. The rest of the kit was pretty nice. The white rivet things come loose, so my bracket sits loose on the frame. Is there a better way to mount the bracket to the frame? Thank you for your help.

Mailed in my info, and recieved my replacement motors. What a difference! Zoom zoom.

Thanks Makeblock. More awesomer product, now watch out for your vendors.

I just bought two of the makeblock starter robot kits and I am having the same issues. My motors are soldered with the bracket straight up. They are way underpowered. I even swapped to a 12v battery pack with no improvement. I have one IR version and one Bluetooth. Both have the same issue. Any way I can get my 4 motors replaced also? Besides the motor issues, the robots are great. Wish they had more parts at Radioshack.

I have the same problems. Not enough torque and connectors soldered wrong.https://youtu.be/jcyFzR7A6pQ

Shane that it’s June and still the same issues as four months ago.

@shaiss: ask Makeblock for replacement motors. I got mine and they work much better (in addition, I got 12V accu kit)

BTW, the replacement motors have the same connector angle problem (it is rotated by 90 degrees) and therefore the connectors are facing downwards in the tricycle model.

I’ve been asking, in many emails, twitter, g+, forum posts, no luck. I keep getting the “we still need to prove it’s faulty.”. Even after photos and videos. Just frustrating. I have 3 kits and 6 defined motors and 2 disappointed kids watching their robot as a paperweight.

Maybe one day pioneer will decide to replace my motors.

Did you get the new bracket design with the socket screws? I believe that’s the “new” version.