Bluetooth Issue

I have two of the makerbot kits… the ultimate robot kit and the starter kit…
I finally got the beginner kit working with the IR bot. Several issues between the code having 2 ways of doing things one in the sample IR and one in the IR BOT itself…
For those looking for a solution to the IR bot not working with the hand controller… the fix is the following:
Go to the sample IR reader code and look at which version you are running.
IF you are running the new version then you need to take the values from the new IR code and move them to the IRBOT code as whats in the IRBOT code is the old values for the controller… once thats done you should be able to control the little guy with the IR…

Now for the issue I am having …
I have completed and built the Ultimate kit with the claw gripper… and bluetooth controller…
Flashed the latest bios on the robot… wrote some test code because there is no sample script included for the ultimate kit…

I have used both the latest Arduino IDE and the Scratchbot IDE and run into the following problem with the arduino IDE as long as the bluetooth module is plugged into port 5 the arduino ide fails on the deploy with a fail deploy error which has been mentioned in other threads. The scratchbot ide does nothing but sit there…

IF I plug the bluetooth module into any other ports than 5 there is no issue other than you can’t talk to the bluetooth module… If I unplug the bluetooth module there is no issue… I can deploy to my hearts content. only when the bluetooth module is plugged in does nothing work.

I did a full test on every other component I have connected… from the range finder and the motor’s (yep I had the dead motor issue as well and got my replacements). Everything else works except the bluetooth module…

IS the bluetooth module bad? or the Arduino board?

Chris

See here:

or one of the zillion other threads about this. This was reported months ago but no response from Makeblock.

The problem is that port #5 and USB are connected to the same serial port on Arduino.

See also http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/robot-starter-kit-bluetooth-firmware-update/811 and http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/me-bluetooth-character-reception/955

You can connect BT to other port if you set baudrate to 115200 but even then, I was getting some bad characters. In any case, the default mobile app will not work with any other port than #5.

Thanks that explains alot!!
So now I know the issue and can code for it… now to
figure out a new bluetooth app to write for my phone…

Chris