XY Plotter Suction Pick and place nozzle

Hi,

I have bought and XY plotter that I would like to modify for SMT (z Axis) instead of lazer or pencil, any help would be more than welcome, I have gotten an air pump inverted for suction but it is still unclear how to make a Z axis to be able to pick and place components, as well as adapting software for that purpose, also would like to adpat an USB microscope eventually integrated into software FW.

Thanks for your help

Could the Z axis servo drive a switch? Could the signals of the Z axis servo drive an electronic switch?

Everything depends on your level of expertise. It is hard to know where to start. You’ll probably have to modify the Arduino side software. You’ll certainly have to modify the mechanics of what was the pen lifter.

If you have no idea where to start, and if you are enthusiastic (you’ll need enthusiam in the months to come!) I’d suggest you complete the normal pen plotter to get familiar with it before staring to modify it. If you haven’t already of course.

Hi giovanniguerra,

I have completed it already, I am now looking to improve it all, I post some pictures if you are intersted only Rotating suction nozzle I am a bit stuck for the rest all working X-Y-Z working perfectly.

Looks like you are a good way along in your task.

Do you know how to program? If so you’ll maybe need to modify both the PC side and the Arduino side, I think…