What is Orion board's port 5 used for?

I notice that none of the Blocks which sense or control the Orion board include Port 5 as an option. That seems wasteful - I could use the port.

Looking through some related topics, I see that Port 5 is a serial port, not digital. That seems to be limited to Bluetooth/wifi signals. The blocks that control LEDs, sense distance and light intensity, and read IR codes are all digital - correct?

There seems to be a way to reprogram Orion.Me header, but that seems a bit complicated. Beyond not using Port 5, any advice?

I have mBlock 5.4.3 on Mac PC, if that helps.

Thanks!

@celderkin As you can see in the photo, the Orion board has no digital or analog pins running to port 5.

It has only the GND on 5V (positive and negative), NC and DTR (No connection [not used] and Digital Transceiver Reset, which resets the input and output data), and TX and RX (input and output pins, for uploading data, etc.).
So 1, 2, 3, and 4 have digital pins (1 and 2 are PWM digital pins, so it can output different amounts of power [pulse-width modulation]),
6, 7, and 8 are Analog, and 5 would be used for resetting the board or internal communications, most likely. (Perhaps integration with other boards like Raspberry Pi?):

I hope this helps! Let me know if this solved the issue @celderkin, and be sure to mention me as @Best_codes, so I can respond faster. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.