What data is returned by getGyroX?

I understand the data returned by gyro_1.getAngle(). What is the meaning of the data returned from gyro_1.getGyroX() and gyro_1.getGyroY()? The values do change somewhat unpredictably when the robot is in motion but return to values near zero when it is at rest. Is there anything useful here?

Thanks for your help!

Gary

Hi gmeyer1357,
Here is the link provide more info for the Gyro sensor to you for reference. The chip for the 3 axis and gyro sensor is MPU-6050,you may search the datasheet for this Chip to get more info.

Yes, I know how to get the datasheet. My question is about your MeGyro.h and associated .ccp files that interface with the MPU-6050 chip and return values to my Arduino program through calls to getAngle() and getGyro. The values returned by these calls is not documented. I have figured out, I think, what is returned by the getAngle() but have not been able to figure out what is being returned from getGyro(). Does anyone know what is returned by getGyroX and getGyroY?

Dear Gary,
I found the documentation related to the Gyro sensor really unclear
you say you understood the data returned by gyro_GetAngle()
Please could you briefly explain ( I am a researcher in Physics so I should know most math)? Most topics claims they are Euler Angles, but actually they are not, or at least not only, Euler Angles. How are they related to the acceleration?

Thanks

Cilo,

I only use the data from gyro_GetAngle(3). This returns values from 180 to -180 as the robot turns in one complete circle. I use this along with values from the ultrasonic sensor to navigate around a room. I haven’t used any other gyro data so will not be much help to you. I agree that the documentation is very unclear and there don’t seem to be any helpful examples to help understand how to use the gyro. I wish you luck.

Gary