Upgrade MBot firmware stuck at 0% and then fails?

I can’t upgrade the firmware to my new mbot.

I have makeblock installed and can see the port and I’m able to connect via usb cable to my mbot.

I followed this tutorial;

Works fine until the upgrade firmware starts at 0% and then stays there and eventually fails.

I’m using wingdows 7 pro.

Thank you.
Gary

Make sure you are using the correct COM port in the Connect menu, you can also check what port your computer assigned to mbot by going to Device Manager>Ports (Expand the list).

Sometimes there are other devices that have COM ports assigned to them and they will show up in mblock, but will stay at 0% when you try to upgrade the firmware.

Here’s some screen shots;
The Mbot seems to connect ok, see the connected screenshots.
Then I install ardruino driver, successful.
Then I upgrade firmware and it immediately disconnects, sits at 0%, then reconnects. See disconnect and device manager failure screenshots.

Thank you.
Gary

M

Did anyone help you fix this issue? I’m having the same problem

@gabner Please let us know if you were able to resolve this issue, I’m afraid the weekend will be lost without being able to make mBot useful.

This type of error can be caused by having the wrong board selected in the Boards menu.

@Matthew Checked multiple times and even switched to a different board and returned again to mCore. Same difference.

Hello, I have the same problem. How do we resolve this ?

Try another cable?

Hi, make sure to select the correct serial port. Choose the correct Serial Port for mBot under Connect->Serial Port: (Here my mBot’s serial port is COM3, and you can check your mBot serial port under your computer’s Device Manager->Ports (COM&LPT))

Another quick way to determine the correct serial port:

1. Unplug USB, and check which serial port is available under "Connect."
    2.Plug USB to PC, and check “Connect” again. The newly emerging port will be the correct one.

Moreover, please kindly remove Bluetooth module or 2.4G module from mBot before upgrading firmware.