Unable to recognize robot starter kit

My robot starter kit is plugged in to my computer with mblock and it is not recognized by mblock. I select the MeOrion board and there is no serial port to connect to. I have no issues connecting my regular mbot to the mblock program. Additionally when I plug in the USB connection my PC says it does not recognize the device. Any suggestions?

Try: “connect\Install Arduino Driver” before plugg your robot

Yes I have tried that several times as well as downloading the driver installer from Github. No success so far. I only have this issue with the orion board and all three of my mbots work fine.

Hi johnnyride,

The USB cable for Starter is different with the one for mBot. Do you have other USB cable which suitable for the Starter robot have a try?

Yes I am using the correct cable it looks like a mini usb that you’d see on an android phone. Is it possible that the board itself is defective?

Hi johnnyride

Yes, I understand you use the correct USB cable, in case the USB cable is faulty, do you have another USB cable which has the mini usb on one side to give a try?
Besides, do you have a second Me Orion board have a test?

When you connect mBot to mBlock software, do you use the same computer and the same USB port on the computer?

At last, if you have a another computer, it is suggested to change a Computer have a try too.
If it still can’t be recognized after tried all above, the USB port on the Orion board should be faulty.

I have tried multiple computers and multiple usb cords and different usb ports. All computers(Windows 10 and 7) immediately give a warning saying the device cannot be recognized and may have malfunctioned. I do not have another Orion board to test unfortunately. All of the computers(4) I have tested work perfectly fine with the mbot mcore boards(of which I have 3). If is is likely the board is malfunctioning are they under warranty?

Thanks so much for your help.

Nate

Hi johnnyride,

In this case, the USB port on Orion board should be faulty. Where did you buy it? Could you please send the receipt to daisy@makeblock.com? Thanks!