Unable to connect to MBot via USB on Windows 8

New to MBot. I’ve assembled successfully and I am able to control via Bluetooth, but when I connect via USB cable to Windows 8 PC, I don’t see the Com Port in Device Manager. With MBlock open and MBot board selected under ‘Robot’ script menu the ‘mBot’ shows disconnected. What am I missing?

Is mBot powered on <b’>(red PWR light or just tiny green light)? USB connection alone will light up tiny green light (near back), but you need the main board powered on (red PWR light) else mBot send USB connect.

When connected, blue light (on main board) will flash several times, then main lights will flash red/green/blue. Same will happen again when mBlock software connects.

I am having a similar issue, but I am using Windows 10, 64-bit. I connect to COM6 via mBlock and it connects; however, when I select “Upgrade Firmware” it quickly disconnects before it displays the uploading box. It stays at 0% for a while and then says “Upload Failed” and once I close it out, the serial port (COM6) is re-connected.

My issue is the same as Chadmairn. Mbot immediately disconnects when attempting to update the firmware.

Any luck getting through it?
Thank you.
Gary

Has this problem sorted out sinche then? I am facing the same issue right now. :frowning:

Hi dutes,

Do you have the mBot robot showing as picture below?
Could you provide more details of your issue? Is the serial port for mBot can’t be detected on mBlock software? Or it can be detected but can’t upload the program?
Besides, which version mBlock do you use? What’s the operating system of your computer?
If it is possible, you may take a video to show the operation and phenomenon of this problem, then send to email:daisy@makeblock.com via pCloud transfer website.