Ultrasonic sensor not working(stuck at 400)

I’m having a problem with the ultrasonic sensor. When I initially constructed and tested the robot it worked. The sensor distance output was ok and the robot worked perfectly with the app.

After i connected it to my laptop upgraded the firmware and (just to be sure ) re-uploaded the original mbot program, it stopped working. The only output i’m getting is 400 and on some occasions 0. I already tried the following article: Ultrasonic sensor blocked at 400

Hi mike_h,

Do you have the Starter robot or mBot robot?

If it is Starter robot, you need upgrade firmware for Starter instead of mBot. You can refer to the FAQ number 16 for Starter in this post to test the Ultrasonic sensor on Starter again.

Once it still doesn’t work, please kindly add my skype account (1021306172@qq.com), we can double check it via video chat. We are available from 9:00~18:30 on working day, China time, please kindly let us know your available time, thanks!

Hi,

thank you very much for your quick answer. It is indeed the starter bot, I will try the firmware this evening (netherlands) and of course I will let you know the result!

Tried it last evening and everything works now :DThank you very much for your help :smiley: