Turning gripper with servo

Continuing the discussion from Ranger and robot arm:

Hello @tec_support, what motor do you recommend for turning the gripper? Can I use the 9g Micro Servo Pack? Would the gripper fit to the disk shipped with the pack?

As you see in the post mentioned above, I successfully added the robotic arm to the ranger and now want to turn the gripper.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and kind regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Do you mean this Gripper?
If yes, itself already has a CNC motor inside, you can program for the CNC motor to make the gripper close or open. The CNC motor is DC motor. You can use the program block for DC motor in mBlock to control the gripper.

If you mean to control the ARM instead of the Gripper, the 9g servo pack is not able to handle it. I’d suggest you use the encoder motor.

Hello @tec_support, yes, I mean this gripper, and I use it already as part of the robotic arm add on. Now, I would like to turn the gripper as @PinkyPepper is showing in his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lQLUp-LkU&feature=share

He is using the Optical Encoder Motor-25 9V/86RPM to turn the gripper and I wonder whether this is the best or only option, in particular whether you can recommend a more light-weight option. Also, what additional parts I need to order for the complete assembly.

Thanks and kind regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I see, from the PinkPepper’s application, he use a DC motor for controlling the Arm and one encoder motor to rotating the gripper. You can buy similar parts to assemble like that.
Since this is personal advanced DIY project,I am afraid that it is difficult for us to recommend the parts since we haven’t done any test. Please try it according to your design in mind.