Strange behaviour mBlock when programming arduino UNO

Hello, when I try to program arduino from mBlock everything works fine except that by the digital pins 9 and 10 there are always a high value.
Therefore if there is something connected to some of these pins (i.e. buzzer or LED) it starts to shine or to sound and this is annoying.

I’ve tested both Windows 64 bits version and linux 64 bits version and happens the same.

Regards,
Joaquin.

Use Scratch for Arduino http://s4a.cat/ instead of mBlock

Hi Andreas, I don’t think that this answer is a valid one.
It’s supposed that it’s possible to program arduino from mBlock!

So I expect another kind of answer.

Hi, have you upgraded firmware before running the program?

Yes, I’ve done it!

I guess that Makeblock modified Scratch to fit their hardware, which might have the effects which you observe. Also mBlock is based on a older version of Scratch.

So when I want to use Scratch to program a plain Arduino board, I would use S4A to avoid trouble and have the newest version. Your mileage may vary.

However, I don’t recall that mBlock is supposed to be a generic Arduino programming environment … where did you find that?

Hi Andreas, I don’t know if mBlock is supposed to be an Arduino programming Environment, but it suit my needs.

Moreover I’m teaching arduino & the robot mbot, that’s the reason I’m using mBlock,

Instead of s4a I would use snap4arduino, I think it’s more advanced.

Regards,

Hi!
I’m using mBlock to teach robotics and visual programming as well. We didn’t notice problems using PINs 9 and 10 but I assume it much depends, maybe, on the Arduino IDE version or the board type. Some particularities have been reported about the compiler behavior using the MEGA card by exemple.

Maybe you could have a look on the generated code and copy-paste it in a separate arduino IDE window then compile and upload it to the board to check if the behavior is correct.

As teachers, we use S4A to control the arduino but it still must be wired to the computer. Once the basics of servos and LED are acquired, we switch to mBlock to give our projects a full autonomous program without having to learn textual programming.

Best regards
Dominique