Stepper motor not working, driver hot at junction

Hi,

I am currently using a 42BYG stepper motor, connected to a Orion board using the ME stepper motor driver. I tried using the arduino test code, but the stepper does not rotate. the junction on the wire (1B 1A 2A 2B) on the stepper motor driver is also very hot everytime I plug in DC power (12V, 1.0A). I tried using two motor but both does not work. The led lit up on the driver when power is given. Where is the possible source of problem?

The board is working, I have an ultrasonic sensor and have tested it, which work perfectly

Thanks a lot!

To which port on the Orion board did you connect the stepper driver?
On Orion,stepper motors can only be connected to ports with a red sticker,which are port 1 and 2.

Hi fml_90,

As Bleky mentioned, please make sure you connected the driver to correct ports on Orion.
Besides, it should be help if you show all your wiring connections and your Arduino code.

The code I tried was the TestStepperDriver code, using Arduino IDE 1.6.9

/**

• \par Copyright ©, 2012-2015, MakeBlock
  • @file TestStepperDriver.ino
  • @author MakeBlock
  • @version V1.0.0
  • @date 2015/09/07
  • @brief Description: this file is sample code for Stepper Driver device.
  • Function List:
  • \par History:
  • 

• Mark Yan 2015/09/07 1.0.0 rebuild the old lib.
  • forfish 2015/11/19 1.0.0 add some descriptions.

*/

#include “MeOrion.h”

int dirPin = mePort[PORT_1].s1;//the direction pin connect to Base Board PORT1 SLOT1
int stpPin = mePort[PORT_1].s2;//the Step pin connect to Base Board PORT1 SLOT2

void setup()
{
pinMode(dirPin, OUTPUT);
pinMode(stpPin, OUTPUT);
}

void step(boolean dir,int steps)
{
digitalWrite(dirPin,dir);
delay(50);
for(int i=0;i<steps;i++)
{
digitalWrite(stpPin, HIGH);
delayMicroseconds(800);
digitalWrite(stpPin, LOW);
delayMicroseconds(800);
}
}

void loop()
{
step(1,200);//run 200 step
delay(1000);
step(0,200);
delay(1000);
}

Hi! I have a question about line follower block… Is it posible to turn off one of the line following sensors while it is turning left? Thanks in avance! :smile:

Hi fml_90,

Do you have a second stepper motor driver have a check?

Besides, please check if the color wires from each motor have been inserted to the green terminal properly (make sure the metal parts inside the wires touch the metal part inside the holes of the green terminal).

If it still doesn’t work and the motor driver is very hot when powered on, maybe this driver is broken. It would be best if you have another driver to have a test.

Hi LD7,

Please kindly check the Principle analysis for the Me Line follower sensor in this link. Then I think you can understand it and know how to use it: