Starter robot IR worked, but then the motors stopped turning

So my parents got me the Starter Robot kit IR version for my birthday. I followed the instructions closely and it turned out fine. It worked this morning but when i got home from school it wouldn’t move even though i replaced the batteries in the controller and the robot, and the lights were blinking when i pressed buttons but no movement. I tried several idea from different people (including the step by step process on how to fix it by somebody who was helping another person with the same problem) but none of them worked. Please, if any one knows how to fix this i would love to know how.

Hi, have you tried to reset default program of the Starter?
You may follow the instructions from this link http://forum.makeblock.com/t/how-to-reset-default-program-for-starter-with-mblock-software/7402

So i tried what you said but me orion wasnt there, and neither was any of the USB ports

Hi Darthswagg,

What do you mean by Me Orion and USB Port were not there?
Do you lose the mainboard for the starter robot?

Or do you mean the serial port for the usb connection between Starter and computer is not available?
If you mean there is no serial port showing on the computer, please let me know what is the system of your computer?