Starter Kit - not really starting

Hi,

this is my first post.

We got our 11-year old a Starter Kit BT, the assembly went fine, now we are facing some issues (all software and drivers are up to date on all devices, Android 4.4.2 respectively Windows 7 on a PC):

1. Connectivity: The Robot is not recognized on the Android 4.4.2 tablet via Bluetooth by the Makeblock app while it is recognized by the “old” mBot and can be steered. How can we solve that one?

2. Programming: How can we test a program on the PC without BT? The Orion Board is selected, buzzer is off. If it is connected via USB then a program can be transfered but the robot does not react. How do we start a program via the app?

3. Manual: Is there a comprehensive manual available that covers topics after the initial assembly?

Thanks,
Markus

Hi, Markus,
Thanks for purchasing our products! What’s the model of your Android device? Is there any way you could find out the version of the Bluetooth?

I.
a. Does the old mBot app could successfully pair the Starter? Or the old mBot app can only detect the Starter but not pairing?
b. When pairing Makeblock app with Starter, do you find any devices in the “Connect Manually” list on the top right corner of the Makeblock app?
c. Have you disconnected the Starter’s Bluetooth to your Android device while trying to connect to the mobile device?
Is the Makeblock APP on your mobile devices the latest version?

II. Could you show a picture of the program you tried to run via USB connection?

III. Please find more information at “Resource” section within this link http://www.makeblock.com/starter-robot-kit
Looking forward to hear your update!
XW

Hi XW,

thanks for your support.
The Android device is a HP Slate 6, with Bluetooth 3 (because of software limitations, the hardware suports BT 4.0)

The strange thing is that I can pair the Starter with the mBot and also steer the robot with the joystick, while at the same time the makeblock app does not find te Starter at all even if I literally put it on top.
All apps are the latest version, yes.

The program was a very simple one to engage one motor, my mistake was probably, that I did not disconnect the Starter. Now I got it to work

So this leaves us with the lack of connectivity for the Makeblock app.

Thanks,
Markus

Hi, Markus,

Makeblock Bluetooth is compatible with bluetooth 2.0 and 4.0. When you indicated that " the hardware supports BT 4.0," what is the hardware referring to? Do you mean your Android device supports BT 4.0?

Could you uninstall mBot app? Then try to use Makeblock app again. Try again if you can automatically pair Starter this time. If it can pair automatically, could you find any devices in the “Connect Manually” list on the top right corner of the Makeblock app interface?

Good luck!

XW

Hi, XW,

finally I had the time to follow your suggestions.
Looks like it does not work with Android device we have regardless of the order of installation.
Isn’t this a good excuse to get a new tablet.

Markus