Ranger 12 LED Ring Brightness

I’m interested in the mBot Ranger and I’m curious about the LED ring. Just how bright is it? Are there more specs on it or a model number to find more info?

The use case I’m wondering about is if it bright enough to either be a mobile lantern of sorts to light up the area close by or if it could be remounted one way or another to the front to light up the path in front of it. My daughter likes using flashlights, so I’m wondering if the LED ring could be used or if we would need to figure something else out.

They get fairly bright if you set the color to white. I would suggest contacting @tec_support to get the spec on the RGB LEDs and their luminosity.

Hi kevin52408,

I am afraid that don’t have such spec for the LED ring. Though it is not supposed to be lantern, you still can try it and you can add more LED RGB Strips to make it brighter. But of course, it won’t be as bright as a lantern on your mobile phone.

@tec_support, is there a particular part number / manufacturer number for the LEDs themselves? I suspect that is what @kevin52408 is seeking. I suspect that they will fall somewhere between 330-450 lumens, but that’s just a guess on my part.

Hi kevin52408 & Charles

Finally we get this info from one of our engineers, hope it helps.

Perfect! While this type of information may not be of interest to a beginner, advanced developers will find it extremely useful when designing. :smiley:

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to both of you for helping hunt that down (and thanks to the engineers too of course).