Quad RGB Sensor seems to work only after several seconds of movement

I try to get my mbot2 to move towards a line, stop there, move a bit backwards and turn around.
Weirdly the mBot ignores the line every time if it hasn’t moved at least for some seconds first.
If I start further back with the same speed and heading so it moves for a longer before reaching the line, it stops perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

How fast is the mBot moving? I know that it takes a very slight bit to get a reading from the sensor…
@Guardian

It’s definitely not the speed itself. I tried several settings between 20 RPM and 150 RPM. If it stops or not depends solely on the distance and therefore the time the bot moves before reaching the line.

To verify my observations I put several lines behind each other with some distance and while ignoring the first line(s) the bot stopped at later lines of the same width without changing the speed.

At first I thought it might be the reaction time of the bot, too. But even at the highest speed it stops a a 1 inch wide line it had moved at least about 5 seconds before reaching it.

@CommandeR Can help you, maybe… Otherwise just contact mBlock via support@makeblock.com

Sorry, I don’t have access to a Quad RGB Sensor.

Hello,

I also have considerable problems with the Quad RGB sensor.

Unfortunately, my battery is weakening after less than two and a half years, and even when the robot is not switched on, the symbolized battery in the display only shows two bars after approx. 18 hours.

The RGB sensor then only delivers incorrect values. I checked this with the following small program:

grafik

When the battery is fully charged, the values are OK.

Unfortunately, the battery cannot be replaced as it is probably soldered. I would have to buy a new shield for about 75 euros. And this is not available from stock from any dealer in Germany but has to be ordered from the manufacturer. Delivery time unknown.

I am very much considering whether to say goodbye to the mBot for good and switch to fischertechnik.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

At this point, all I can recommend is that you contact support. @phg1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.