Problems with Gyro-Module of the Electronic-Kit for Scratch&Arduino

Hi srothe,

The mounting for the electronic modules are very flexible, since the hole on the modules are all M4 hole, it can be fixed to any Makeblock mechnical components which have M4 hole with the screw. So it is totally determined to personal DIY style to moute it.

@tec_support, thanks for your explanation of the mechanical basics of makeblock. The question however was rather whether the gyro should eventually be mounted so as to avoid magnetic or electric fields, in order to achieve minimal drift.
Stefan

Thanks

Hi Srothe,

I see, I am afraid we do not have deep research for this part and there is no serious limitation with such concerning for mouting the modules. Maybe someone who has deep research on this can sharing it.

Hey @srothe -
Iā€™m putting aside the bluetooth issues for the moment and working on turning by degrees. Iā€™d rather code my own than copy/paste someone elseā€™s code simply because I learn far better doing. But Iā€™m wondering how you correct using the MeCompass while driving straight. Just slow one side down a bit while constantly checking against the heading?

@BigAl,

That is how I would do it. If you think about your car, you donā€™t stop and adjust your heading just because there is a bend in the road. Since steering is controlled by wheel speed on the mBot, adjusting the speed of one wheel (not stopping it), should have the desired effect. It may take a little longer to get on course, but you will avoid over correcting.

Mike

Oooh, so thatā€™s why people are always honking at me. With all the hand signals, I just thought I was #1. :slight_smile:

@BigAl,

LOL, Just saying that I have seen a lot of robots that stop one wheel to make a turn.

Iā€™d been wondering why there arenā€™t more robots with traditional car type steering systems.
The turn by degrees function has been fun but not necessarily easy. I can imagine the challenge of getting the angle right on a traditional steering mechanism.

Can someone explain that difference in the drifting in z-axis between been connected by battery or by USB serial?

My mBot Ranger gyro-Z value keep increasing

Hi All,

Just wanted to add that most robots either use car steering where the outer wheel spins faster than the inner wheel or tank steering where turns are accomplished by spinning the inner wheel in the opposite direction of the outer wheel. The selection of turning type depends on the type of turns that are required, i.e., if you need to turn in place (spin) then you would need to use a tank turn, not a steering turn. :smiley: