Not Discovering Bluetooth

I can’t connect (or discover) the mBot on my iPad or iPhone. I have connected the device to my PC using the USB port and downloaded the latest firmware and Arduino, but still the unit is not discoverable. Please help!

Hi hallidina,

Do you have Bluetooth version mBot or 2.4G version mBot?

If it is Bluetooth version, could you please send a picture of the Bluetooth module?
And on the Bluetooth module, is there a blue LED keep slow flashing while you trying to connect to it?
Besides, on your mobile devices, are there any other Bluetooth signal around (instead of from mBot) detected?

I had trouble with my mBot connecting to my Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth as well. It would see it when I went into the Bluetooth menu in the MBlock application (which you should start with the latest version), but when I tried to connect to it, it would time out. It turns out that Windows 10 was quietly in the background trying to pair with the mBot first. It didn’t pop up any notifications or otherwise tell me that it was doing this. I only found it by accident when I turned on my speakers and heard a ding when I tried again. So I went to the Bluetooth menu in Windows 10 and paired it with my mBot first. Then I launched the Mblock app and connected via Bluetooth. It finally worked. Hope this points you in the right direction.