No communication between Me Orion and High-Power Encoder Motor Controller

Hello all, I’ve recently bought the following products:

1. Me High-Power Encoder Motor Driver
  2. 36mm Encoder DC Motor
  3. Me Orion

I hoped to get this up and running quite quickly because it is all from the same manufacturer. Sadly I am spending my whole day trying to figure out why the motor isn’t responding. I think I’ve narrowed it down to an i2c communication issue between the Orion and the motor driver board. When I try to get the i2c address of the motor board using the Orion (or another Arduino Uno) the sketch hangs on error = Wire.endTransmission();

I am quite a bit lost and out of options, especially because I can’t seem to find any good information resources about the motor driver.

I hope someone can send me into the right direction to make it possible to do just a single turn with this motor.

Did you upload this firmware on Orion board?

Could you also show the wiring?

Also, did the indicator on the driver have red lights on as the picture shown below when the Orion power on?

Indeed that is the firmware I uploaded to the board. All the indicators are on. It looks like the i2c communication to the motor driver halts. (Please keep in mind that I am using a different motor driver than you showed in your image, if I understand correctly I am using a newer/high power version)
Attached are two images one overview and one more detailled. As well as a printscreen which shows the serial communication and which program I uploaded. When I add print lines to the code to debug where the software halts it stops at the highlighted row. I tried it as well with a regular Arduino Uno connecting the right pins to the Motor driver and then the i2c communication halts as well.