Multiple robot communication through WiFi

Hello everyone! I’m pretty new in this community, also I am a beginner with the mbots too. So it is possible to ask something stupid, please don’t judge me. :slightly_smiling_face:

So here is my problem. I try to make up a system where three mbots are working simultaneously. Moreover, I want to manage a “connection” between them by makeing them to communicate with each other through their WiFi module. I saw in an example program in Arduino that there is functions like Wifi.begin(), Wifi.available(), Wifi.read(), Wifi.write().

So the big question is: There is a way in Arduino programming of these mbots, to change informations between them by these Wifi.read() and Wifi.write() methods? The communication is not necessarilly had to be direct (from one mbot to another), it is ok (or even better) if it is indirect (mbot => locally running server, program => another mbot).

Also for these functions the MeOrion.h library is included, but I have mbots with MeAuriga. Is this a problem?
Wifi.begin(9600) contains as argument a port number? So if I connect a server program to the same port then it could be established some kind of communication?

UPDATE
Ok, now that I found out that the Wifi.begins() and Wifi.read() and etc methods are used and works through the Wifi module and not the dongle (I didn’t know that these are two different things), somebody could write how it is behaving. Somebody who used these methods. Thanks! :wink:

Also if this wifi module (http://learn.makeblock.com/en/me-wifi/) is based on ESP8266 chip, it is possible to use the Arduino library? (https://github.com/bportaluri/WiFiEsp)
END

Please help me! :wink:

P.s.: Sorry for my english.

If you don’t find a ways to let mBots talk directly to each other using WIFI, maybe you could try this approach:

Thanks a lot Andreas :slight_smile:
I know that the most simple way to work with mBots is the mBlock software.I also know that it could convert the Scratch code to Arduino code (am I right?). Because I am working in Arduino I wonder if is possible to convert this example program too? It seems a litle bit different than others so it may not be convertable to Arduino code.

No, that approach will only work in online mode when connected to the Makeblock software on a PC.

Another approach could be to use IR instead of WIFI:

I have created a new topic to solicit help in the confusing communication between same/different makeblock robots. Attempting to find out what can and cannot be done with each product (hardware/software). Hopefully to minimize answers such as
"Both the Orion board and Megapi have no robot message received program block, so I am afraid that you can’t achieve it with the mBlock.
Normally, to achieve the communication between robots, you may use the IR signal, but we don’t have a IR transmitter module available. You may be able to achieve it use some other modules. Since we haven’t search much on such project, I am afraid that we can’t provide further suggestion."

As example, maybe we can request an IR transmitter module, more extensions, new options for mblock 3,etc.