Me angular sensor : is there any control module in mBlock?

I have just bought Me angular sensor.
I am looking for a way to control the sensor into mBlock environment.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find any suitable module in mBlock…
Could you please advise how to control it ? Maybe there is no module available up to now ?
In short, my need for my project is to have the read out angles from a mechanism I am moving by hands, then to send out this value to a motor (I didn’t yet find what is the most suitable motor to be used in project : regular, stepper or servo…).
Thanks in advance for your help !

Hi Antoine21
Angular Sensor hasn’t been integrated to the mBlock currently. You may refer to the example program for the me Potentiometer module to program the angular sensor with Arduino software.

Hello tec_support,
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Up to now, I don’t use to program on Arduino; is it possible to program the Me angular sensor directly from mBlock?
I guess I need to download Arduino.
Thanks in advance for your help !

Hi Antoine21,

It’s my pleasure to help.
Since this sensor hasn’t be supported by mBlock, it is not possible to program it on mBlock directly.
As for your requirement, I will add it to customer request list for future assessment, thanks!

Hi tec_support,
I have started to program with Arduino.
Now, I am starting on my initial project that is to use the Me angular sensor. You told me to get informations from the Potentiometer Test example in Arduino.
Unfortunately, I didn’t succeed to do it. Can you tell me how to do it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Antoine21,

Which mainboard do you use with the Angular sensor?
Do you connect the Angular sensor to the slot on the Me RJ25 adapter, then the RJ25 Adapter to one RJ25 port on Makeblock main board?
If yes, please take a picture to show which slot and RJ25 Port you used?

On the arduino example program, have you modified the port or mainboard head file if you don’t use Me Orion board?

Hi tec_support,
I use the mCore with the Angular sensor.

This is the example of the potentiometer in Arduino :

The problem is that we can’t specified the slot of the Angular sensor because the potentiometer is directly connected to a RJ25 Port on the Makeblock main board.
Can you send me an image of the program I need to do, on Arduino, to control the Angular sensor?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Antoine21,

You use mCore instead of Me Orion, the example file is base on the Me Orion, please read the txt file README under Makeblock library and you will know how to modify the head file.

Besides, from the wiring picture, you connect the me Adapter to Port 3, while in the program, you haven’t changed the Port 6?
As for the are two slots on RJ25 adapter, I can’t tell which one slot should be correct, you may need to figure it out according to the schematics of mCore or Me RJ25 adapter.
Anyway, if slot 1 doesn’t work, you may connect angular sensor to slot 2 have a try.

Hi tec_support,
Thanks a lot for your help. I finally succeed to control the Angular sensor (I discovered that 360°=1000).
But for my project I want to put TWO Angular sensor on the same Me RJ25 Adapter. How can I do to make the difference in the program between the two Angular sensor? That is because you told me not to precise the slot of the Angular sensor in the program.
Anyway, you helped me a lot and I thank you for what you did for me until now.
If you want to know my project just ask me. :slight_smile:

Hi Antoine21,

For further application, you may need to figure out the schematic of the mCore and Me RJ25 adapter, then rewrite the program. For this part, I am afraid that we don’t have enough ability to support on the working principle of the schematic and the arduino program. Hope you can figure it out by yourself.