mDrawBot OS X Yosemite USB/Serial Connection

Our mDrawBot just arrived. Two things:

a) the Bluetooth module we ordered with it (on Kickstarter) did not arrive.

b) we cannot connect the board to the computer. I’ve followed the instructions to download the orion driver on mac, then ran the terminal command, rebooted. But when connecting the board to the computer via USB, there is no port for the board available.

http://imgur.com/spvpUjA

Also there is no installer for mDraw on Mac, just an .app file to run. Is that normal?

Hello

a) can you tell me your kickstarter ID, I will check the order information for you.

b) I think you should install the USB serial port driver on http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/mac-os-x-yosemite-arduino-1-0-6-doesnt-recognize-makeblock-orion/728
and can you use Arduino IDE to download programs into your Orion boad?

Thanks

I’ve installed the USB Serial Driver and followed the instructions with no luck. There is no serial port available, neither in the Arduino IDE.

sounds stupid but did you tried to real push the micro-usb hard in to the jack? if that dosent help try a different cable.

When I plugged it in, I heard a “beep” from the controller board (the same as when you push reset) - which probably means that the system has booted - right?

Any news on this I have run into the same problem

hi, can anyone help me in setting up the mdrawbot on an arduino UNO i dont own a makeblock orion. and my stepper motor drivers are screwed so i bought 2 of the L298N stepper drivers. Is this setup going to work. i’m an beginner and i’ve no idea how to connect the pins so that the mdraw software can work with the arduino

thank you in advance

Turns out this could be fixed by using a different Micro-USB Cable, not the cable supplied with the kit.

Dear mdrawbg,
Sorry for my late reply. Please download the latest version of mDraw here.
Try it again and if it still didn’t solve your problem, please email to product manager albert@makeblock.cc directly.

it is possible to have the latest version of mDraw for mac OS X?

thank you!