MDrawBot Not Communicating

This was my sons Christmas gift. He was all excited once we got it put together; however, just as a lot of people have posted, we seem to have run into a road block getting it to work. I have a Mac (using Yosemite), and I inserted the text that people on other forums suggested in the Terminal (I think, not to user friendly for sure). After a couple days of reading, rebooting, etc., the thing still does not want to communicate. I have noticed that in the bottom right of the mDraw software, to the left of the connect button I seem to only have bluetooth options. However, I did not purchase the bluetooth add on. I cannot find anywhere online how this can change to the wired connection. I am thinking this might be my first problem. If anyone could please help we would appreciate it!! I am about worn out with this thing!! One other question: I see that Makeblock has an app out now. If I purchase the bluetooth add on, does that app work for the mDrawBot, or just the robots? That would be the best set up for my son to use his own Ipod for communication. Thanks,

See the bottom of this thread for a fix that works on my installation of El Capitan (may work on Yosemite too, but I haven’t tried it). It’s the current version of the driver for the CH340/341 chipset. It’s signed so you shouldn’t have to do through all of the hoops for using the older version with Yosemite.

The USB port should work after that.