mDraw with Text

Has anyone “plotted” text successfully yet? All I want to do is enter some text in Inkscape, object to path, save as Plain SVG, and then open or import into mDraw. The import does not work. Comes up blank or not imported. I have typed the text in Paint, saved as bitmap, then imported to Inkscape and traced. But that looks terrible as the trace bitmap never works as it should. So, any suggestions?

according to an email I got it won’t print text as text I have ended up printing it out and taking a picture as a jpg file and then converting to a sgv

Try playing with your export setting for SVG. I’ve had no problems yet when creating them from Illustrator.

Import note: If the plotter is not connected it won’t import into mdraw (black screen)
When I open mdraw it automatically bluetooth links. I need to close that connection and open the USB one before I can import art.

If I look in the created SVG file (XML) there are lots of references to fonts. When I trace a bitmap and export, the SVG doesn’t have any references to fonts. So, plain SVG doesn’t take the references to fonts out. Maybe another output type or tweak of a setting is being missed. I do not have illustrator to try it. Check your SVG from illustrator and paste it here for a small word like “Test” and let me take a look at it please

Google Hershey Text, download it install it in Inkscape a and create your text with it in Inkscape. It generates an svg file that you can use directly in mDraw with the plotter. I do this for all my plotter text.

to validate and format XML file use https://jsonformatter.org/xml-formatter