mDraw car not drawing correctly from image

We have assembled an mDrawBot mCar, hooked it up to a computer, downloaded the firmware, and added multiple SVG files via mDraw. The problem is that the car does not follow them correctly. The mCar is receiving some kind of input, because we can make the pen go up and down, and when we tell it to draw, it moves around. However, it does not draw any of the correct objects from mDraw. Any suggestions?

I am getting the exact same issue! Firmware update works fine (I updated now twice over USB to make sure it was really updated). Over bluetooth I can raise and lower the pen, I can make the car drive around by manually selecting the point in the mDraw GUI to drive to but when I try and get it to draw one of the SVG files it only moves the car between pen strokes not while the pen is lowered (i.e. it lowers the pen and then just sits there until it thinks the stroke is finished then raises the pen and moves to the start of the next stroke and does the same thing. I end up with a paper with a whole bunch of dots on it when it’s done.)

Jalk, did you have any luck getting your mCar to work? It’s strange because I had great results when we built mScara so I think it’s something with the mDraw software itself or the firmware. I am running the OS X 1.07 version of mDraw.

@Jalk, sorry for the problem you have met, could you please firstly check all the wire connection? Make sure you have followed the instruction correctly.Its better if you can send us by email together with some screenshot: support@makeblock.cc, thanks!

To be honest, mCar is not the most stable configuration of mDrawbot. Currently it can only draw some simple photos. Therefore, here are the solutions i can offer:

1. don’t use mCar to draw complicate images, try with simple one as those mCar.zip (6.7 KB)
  2. try to draw it with others like mScara, mSpider, mEggbot
  3. the last but less important that Makeblock is not a robotic store to create excellent robots with high-quality to users, though that would be one of our highest pursuit, we’re just a platform to provide solution with mechanical parts, electronic modules and software (I know it sounds cruel, i’m sorry for that). All of them are open-source, we encourage more makers, DIYers, tech enthusiasts to improve it better. Our compatibility is limit, but yours are not!
    Thanks
    Una