mBot Ranger - not moving [SOLVED]

Team,

First thing I noticed when testing my Ranger was that it would not move. I could hear the motors trying to move but it would not move.

I suspected the tracks were too tight and putting too much strain/load on the motors so I decided to reduce the tension.

The easiest way to do this is move the drive wheels (the big wheels attached to the motors at the rear) forward by 1 hole. So rather than attach the motors to the last hole as shown in steps 2 and 4 in the manual, move it forward and attach to the second last hole on the end.

The result: tension reduced, tracks now have a little give and motors move freely.

Regards
Michael

Hi RoboteShop,

Thanks for sharing it, we will make improve, so it is working properly after the adjustment?

Hi RoboteShop, I guess you have assembled wronngly. there are two kinds of black driven wheels.Please use the smaller one: 62T wheel.

I’m having a similar issue. I moved the tension wheel (middle wheel) to the upper hole in the chassis and the tracks seem to move more freely. However, on a five second run, I get about .25 seconds of movement and then board shuts down.

I am using mBlock 3.4.5, have upgraded the firmware, reset the default program, and I’m connected via USB (robot is up on blocks so I can observe the motors). I’m recharging the batteries on the outside chance that it may be related, but I’ve never seen the board just shut off power before.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Chuck

RE: mBot Ranger

Hi Charles,

The robot toally shut down after every five seconds or it restarts every five seconds?
Do you mean it just hapens recently?
Is it possible for you to take a video? If you have other batteries or external power (12v/2a) adapters, I’d suggest that you try it.

Hmm, I’ve got a12v lipo. The instructions call for six AA batteries which would only be 9v. Will 12v damage the Auriga or is there some sort of power protection built into the board? What I saw last night looks like a brown out situation when the motors were under load.

I’ll post a video a little later today to show what’s happening.

Replaced all six AA batteries with brand new, fully charged rechargeable batteries and the problem seems to be resolved. Not sure why conventional batteries didn’t work though. :frowning: