mBot problems with show commands (face panel and led lights)

Hi, I’m using an mBot by programming in the Android app and via Bluetooth.

If I use the show block to light up both lights only one light will light up. The second lights up when I rerun the same code.

I have just bought a face panel and the show a number command works fine but the show a picture command does nothing on the first play then when I rerun the code it shows the left hand side of the image but unselected dots on the right hand side.

I assume I have a software problem somewhere! Can anybody help?

Thanks

Hi Ejc,

Thanks for your feedback!
There is a problem on block face panel [] show a picture [] on the mBlock APP. We have provided feedback to our engineers, hopefully they can fix it.

As for the show block to light up, I have done the test, both LEDs works according to the command.
Could you please test it again, if you still have the problem, please kindly take a video to show the program and the behaves on the on-board RGB lights.
Besides, make sure the battery for your mBot can provide enough power to the robot.

Here is a link to the video you asked for https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwt6g_axeqYnYllRQmt4Q3otdFU

Hi Ejc,

For this issue, please check and try the following points:

1. Check if you have installed the latest version mBlock APP.
  2. What’s kind battery do you use for the mBot? If they are normal non-rechargeable AA battery, please change brand new batteries have a try.
    According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.

3.Upgrade firmware for mBot refer to this document first, then test again have a try.1. How to Upgrade Firmware for mBot.docx.zip (690.6 KB)

Hi tec support,

App is up to date (I uninstalled and reinstalled it but no change).

Batteries are Duracell staycharged recharageable NiMH. Recharged to check. No change.

Updated Firmware at the weekend. No change.

We are running Android 4.4.4 Please can you retest in this version.

Thanks

Hi Ejc,

Could you please test the mBot onboard LED lights with mBlock software (on a Computer) have a check.
You need upgrade firmware for mBot with mBlock software again and then try following example program:

Please let me know if both LED works correct according to the example program?

Hi tec_support,

We upgraded the firmware again and the led lights now work on the tablet, brilliant, thank you!

(It was fine using the computer anyway - using Windows. Just to let you know we find the Linus software crashes (64 bit system) but as we have Windows too we just use that,

Thank you again for your help with the app.

Hi Ejc,

Glad to hear that it works.
The current linux version mBlock software is for linux 32bits.