mBot factory settings

Make sure you unplug the battery power before trying to restore default. The restore default setting will only show up if you are running on only USB power. Once you do that, you can follow jwhendy’s steps above to restore.

@stankybcn: that wasn’t my experience, but I didn’t try unplugging. It was turning it on that worked for me, and I even get a new COM port listed when I do so. Choosing the new one allowed me to successfully restore defaults.

I need to do it again and will try with the barrel jack disconnected, as that very well could have been my issue (though my failed attempt was with it plugged in to battery pack but switched off).

You can check from here http://learn.makeblock.cc/how-to-restore-factory-setting-manually/

Mode A is Manual control

You should add the specific ports that each sensor needs to be connected to.

Thanks @Aaron_Ravensdale, this is what I was hoping for in the published factory reset but for some reason the latest version of mblock doesn’t have that option. I finally got to show my 7 year olds the default.

Does anybody know where the <IR Button (?) Released> block is? it seems we can’t replicate the functionality of the default program without that. Any suggestions?
I tried to get the code from the default program but I’m unfamiliar with how to do that. I suspect I would need a decompiler.

For the default program to work with mBot you need these sensors plugged into these ports:
Me Ultrasonic 3.0 => 3
Me Linefollower => 2
Left Motor => M1
Right Motor => M2

@danjger: can you elaborate a bit more? I’m not following you entirely:

• your version of mBlock does or does not have a “Serial Port Connected” menu -> Reset default program option?
  • what version of mBlock are you using (stating “latest” is ambiguous). I had/have v2.1.5.06.16.001 and it features the option
  • What is the “block” you’re looking for when you say “does anybody know where the block is”?

Further confusing is that it seems you’re looking for how to factory reset, but also “finally” got to show your kids the factory settings, which would make me think you did manage to factory reset? Just looking to understand in order to better lend some help!

I have re-loaded to the latest version and it is there now.
I’m still baffled by the lack of the IR Button Released, but I’ll figure out

FYI, factory reset is different from Default Program.
The mBot at factory reset has no program on it. That happens with a firmware upgrade.

im working on replicating the mBot default program in scratch over here: http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/source-code-for-the-default-program/1526/2

Thanks for the code danjger! I took your code and added the supersonic sensor autonomous mode for button F. You can download it here: project file

Hei. Please help. I have a problem with mBot face/smile panel. It is not working.

I put this at port 1/2/3/4 but not working. I reset mBot/ reset program at windows but not working.

HELP please

Hi Rem_Vasilenko,

Either port on mBot is ok for the face panel.
Could you send the program you have tried on mBlock?

Btw, is the other function working ok on mBot? Will the motor drive with remote control after you reset default program?

Hey all, I have shoot a new blog about the default program, how to upload it, and also about how to change it.

There’s also optional SERVO control, added to the default program. So you can enjoy IR remote and play with the servo together.

just take a look: mBot default program with added features Servo

hope you like!

Alper

Thanks for your nice post to teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.