mBot Bluetooth pairing - incorrect PIN or passkey

I just put together my new mBot and downloaded the Bluetooth app for my phone. First, after connecting the USB to the mBot and powering up the mBot, I hear the 3 beeps and associated flashing LED’s:

• Red power LED is solid ON
  • Blue Bluetooth LED is flashing ON/OFF
  • Green external 3.7V B- LED is solid ON
  • Amber external 3.7V B+ LED is flashing ON/OFF

Secondly, I enable Bluetooth on my phone and start the Android mBot app. My phone finds the mBot device - showing the Name, State and Edit icons - but the State is grayed out. When I press the State, it does a search and “Couldn’t pair with Makeblock because of an incorrect PIN or passcode”.

Normally with pairing devices, there’s some option to enter the passcode on the server device (mBot in this case) but not sure how to do that.

After connecting mBot to PC via USB, I upgraded firmware and reset program. Blue Bluetooth LED is solid ON now but I still get the same “Couldn’t pair with Makeblock because of an incorrect PIN or passcode” on my phone.

Suggestions?

Hi npmilani,

You mentioned that after you reset program, “the Blue Bluetooth LED is solid ON”. Normally, the blue led on bluetooth module should be slow flashing if there is no device connected to it. If this led is solid on, that means the bluetooth is already connected to some device.

Since you mentioned that the APP find the mBot but the State is grayed out, could you take a picture and paste it here.
Besides, you may try pair the bluetooth under the mobile phone’s bluetooth settings page first and then connect the bluetooth through mBot APP. Btw, do you use the mBot APP or Makeblock APP HD?

Hello, I was able to correct the problem by connecting from a PC. When accessing via Bluetooth using BLU Life One X Android phone, I didn’t get any prompt to accept the PIN provided by mBot. When I accessed mBot via HP PC, I received the necessary popup - asking if I would accept the PIN. So now - once PIN was accepted by PC - my BLU phone works with mBot. Problem solved, thanks for the help.

I’m having similar problems. After connecting with my computer where you can enter pin I was able to connect using my android phone (version 7.1). However when I’ve tried to connect the phone again a week later again it did not connect. It seems to me that the issue is the exchange of the Bleutooth pin code for which on the phone there is no popup screen to enter the code. How can I connect my phone without the need to first connect with the computer?

Hi Dennis,

Now, there is no need to pair the mBot Bluetooth on mobile devices during connecting. Please try this way to connect the mBot Bluetooth :

1. Keep the Bluetooth function turned off on the android phone.

2. Open the Makeblock APP (make sure you have installed the latest version) on the mobile device , accept it when there is message asking you to turn on the Bluetooth function or reading location permissions.

3. move the mobile device close to the mBot robot, normally the robot Bluetooth will connects automatically (no need to pair the robot Bluetooth).

4. If the Bluetooth can’t be connected automatically, please click the search button in the upper right corner, check if you can find the robot Bluetooth in the detected list. If there is, please connect to it from the list have a try.

5. If you still can’t connect to its Bluetooth but you can see the mBot Bluetooth in the detected list on step 4, please open the GPS on the mobile device, then connect the Bluetooth have a try.

I had tried all, but i continue to have the same problem. If i open the list i dont see any device, but if i try from bluetooth device by Ansdroid i see Makeblock_LE.
I have OnePlus 3 phone

Hi nicola.regge,

Which robot do you have, could you please take a picture for the robot and the Bluetooth module you have.

Besides, does the blue led keep slow flashing on the Bluetooth module? If yes, do you have other mobile devices which can connect the robot Bluetooth have a check?