mBot bluetooth connection problem on Macbook Pro / Mojave

I have Macbook Pro running with latest version Mojave.
I want to connect our mBot using bluetooth connection but in bluetooth devices mBot is not detected. In Youtube videos it can be seen in Bluetooth connection list but they use earlier versions of MacOS such as El Capitan etc. They manage to connect mBot over the Mac builtin bluetooth connection

My son can’t use it and unhappy with that. We can connect it to our Macbook using USB cable but movement area is very limited with that way. Bluetooth connection needed to control it in wide area via mBlock software.

There is an official Makeblock Bluetooth dongle available. Apple has done something to the Bluetooth stack in Mojave that seems to be incompatible with the mBot Bluetooth module.

Darn. Do you know any soluiton for Mojave?

The only thing I’m aware of would be to get Makeblock’s dongle and see if that works. @tech_support might be able to answer that before you buy it. In any case, if it doesn’t work you “should” be able to return it for a refund.

Hi Snowist,
Is your mBlock the latest version? We do have some explanation on this question in another post.

I tested with my Macbook (Mojave) which is working fine with mBlock 5.0.1.

May I have a photo of your mBot Bluetooth module?

By the way, if you have another computer, you may also have a try.

Yes, I downloaded and installed v5.0.1
I attach the picture of my mBot and bluetooth module. Unfortunately I don’t have another Macbook,

If you have tested that this PC Bluetooth works with other devices as it should be?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.