mBot 1.2, mBlock 3, and Bluetooth dongle not connecting

Hello everyone
I have purchased an mBot 1.2 (with the bluetooth module). I want to use it with the old mBlock (v 3.4.12), connecting it via bluetooth.
I bought the bluetooth dongle from makeblock and this hooks up to mBot (mBot and dongle lights stay fixed), however I cannot connect mBlock with mBot (the “bluetooth” menu is not available).

Using my pc’s bluetooth (win 10), the computer sees mBot but cannot connect with it. The mblock software this time has the “bluetooth” menu working, but when it runs “discovering bluetooth” it can’t find anything.

Can anyone help me figure out how to solve the problem and how can I connect my mBot via bluetooth?:sob:

Your problem may be a simple hardware conflict. It is a known fact that printer drivers often take control of all of your USB ports (& mBlock doesn’t like that) so a good habit is to always shut down a printer, or any other connected USB devices before trying to connect with your mBot.

@Raviolo you don’t need a Bluetooth options when using the dongle, go to USB and connect to the USB port that your dongle is plugged in to.