Mblock wont connect to Bluetooth

We have a new MBot. Our laptop says that it is paired and it allows us to select connect on the Bluetooth settings but even though it goes through the discover program the blue light keeps flashing and it wont respond. It worked the first time we used it but hasn’t connected since? Any suggestions?

The Bluetooth module is not designed for connecting with mBlock software through pairing with PC built-in Bluetooth adapter directly. So I am not sure what do you mean by “it worked for the first time”.
Would you take a picture of the Bluetooth module?
And what is the mBlock version you installed?

Now there is mBlock 5 Bluetooth version which allows you to connect mBot with mBlock without USB cable. For details, please refer to this post.

We followed the instructions and coded it on the laptop and it worked. We could move it fwd and bwd and change the coloured lights. The next day it didn’t work …

We are using MBlock- Based on Scratch from the MIT Media Lab(v3.4.11)

If you connect mBot to mBlock 3.4.11 through pairing Bluetooth module with computer built-in Bluetooth Adapter, it only allows us to do online program. And we have to update firmware with USB cable first.
If your Bluetooth module on mBot is marked as “BLE v1.0_c”, please use mBlock 5 Bluetooth version instead of mBlock 3.

Hi, I have mblock 5 installed on my laptop and the BT module on my laptop is BT4.2 (LMP8.256). I tried to add the mbot as a new BT device on my laptop but it always failed. I saw some posts said the laptop needs to run BT4.0. So I bought a BT4.0 USB adapter and plugged it on my laptop and tried to connect. But it didn’t work either. Can you suggest how to work around this issue? Thanks!

For the adapter, I am afraid Makeblock Bluetooth Adapter is necessary.

I don’t understand, bluetooth is bluetooth, and open standard, why do we need special proprietary adaptor to talk to bluetooth ?

Mblock3 works fine, MBlock5 doesn’t work. Better if you can explain the technical reason why a BT4.0 device can’t talk to a BT4.0 device?

We are 10 schools and high schools near Barcelona. We bought more than 100 robots mBot to teach programming with Scratch. Last year we worked with a Linux distribution with google chrome extension and connected via Bluetooth. It worked perfecly. But it looks like Google Chrome updated itself and now the connection is impossible. I have called several times the shop where we bought the robot and there is no solution coming.

We tried with http://editor.makeblock.com/ide.html but it does not work with Bluetooth, only via USB. What is the sense of having a robot that moves connected via cable

Our pedagogical project is seriously affected with this issue.

Thank you for your help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.