Mblock v3.4.11 on Win10 - no bluetooth connection to mbot

Dear all,

even this Topic already created some discussion I again come up with a Question.
We bought the starter mbot and the Kids have a lot of fun with the Default program, IR and with the Connection via bluetooth and iPad.

But when I try to use mblock v3.4.11 to use some more programming commands as available via mblock app for iPad, it will never find the mbot via Bluetooth.

I tried with and without Firmware update, with and without first connecting via win10 Bluetooth menu (which works fine), also tried with two different PCs and also with mblockv5…no success at all.

Also disconnected all other Bluetooth devices as Mouse and Keyboard. Also disconnected ipad and all other mobile device Bluetooth signals. No success.This is really sad as the most programming power Comes via the mblock PC Version.

Anybody knows what to do to fulfill this last Little step? Many thanks.

Have you read this post?
What is the OS of your computer?
Can I have a photo of your Bluetooth module?
If you still fails to connect, can you take a video to show the issue?

Many thanks. OS is Win10. I checked the post you mentioned, and I can confirm my PC runs a Bluetooth with LMP 8.4096.
I think I have exactly the same issue as the users “mbe” and “hl_angel”.

So our mbot will not pair with mblockv3.4.11 and also not with the mblock5, correct? And means I have to wait for the next Version of mblock5 which should be released soon. Correct?

Please try to install the zadig driver and here is the guidance:
http://www.mblock.cc/doc/en/faq/mblock-5-faq.html#check%20bluetooth%20version

Also make sure now you have mBlock 5-RC 3 version.
Can we have more information of your windows computer? 32 or 64 bits? Maybe please take a screen shot of your computer-properties for me.

Windows 10 / 64bit.

Thanks for the hint. One question please. Once installed Zedig driver I understand I overwrite the current driver, so how can I get my previous driver back? In case there will be an Update of mBlock5 Soon Which works with Bluetooth 4.2 I would rather wait for it…

Hi kobragais,
Sorry the previous instruction is not clear enough and we trying to do update.
Once we installed the Zadig driver, the computer’s Bluetooth is gone as it was turned to universal serial. That is normal that Bluetooth is closed and we can find it under device manager->universal serial bus controller.

After that if the mBlock 5-RC3 still cannot detect the device in Bluetooth 4.0, and you want to recover the computer Bluetooth, we need to uninstall the driver we installed. Go to device manager->universal serial bus controller->choose the device and right click on it->properties->drivers->uninstall :

Then restart computer and computer will recover its original Bluetooth feature.

To be honest, windows system Bluetooth doesn’t have good compatibility, which bring a lot of obstacles for us to meet this “direct connection” feature. But our engineers are still trying when there is no device detected through Bluetooth in mBlock 5-RC3 version after installing Zadig driver. That is users can offer the information to us and our engineers will update online. The information include the computer’s Bluetooth hardware ID info, see below:

Thanks for your detailed answer. I decided to program the Mbot via Arduino, connecting via USB and uploading the Arduino code by serial connection to Mbot. Of course the uploading always takes a while, but I can live with it :slight_smile:

:grinning: