mBlock code comments

It would be great to have the mBlock code comments in English, not in Chinese. Would it be possible to translate it in the next version?

Hi there,

I am not sure which comments section is not English? You can comments your code in any Languages.

When you choose English. Right click block, the comments section is like above.
May I have the picture of your screen shot?

Qian

You misunderstood me. I’m talking about source code comments.

Something like this?

/**
 * 舞台状态管理:对应菜单->编辑
 * Stage Status Management: Corresponding Menu -> Edit
 */
var _app, _client, _menu;
var _isArduinoMode = false;

Google Translate is your friend. :slight_smile:

OMG! This is the best answer ever!

Come on, this is not the way…

Heh, and whom do you think I was making the suggestion to? I meant to copy @tec_support in on the thread. :wink:

But failing that, it is a quick workaround that might be parlayed into a pull request. :wink:

Also, not sure how many of the programmers speak English so it might be somewhat problematic for them (as in hadn’t been considered).

Hi

For the source code comment in English, duo to the R&D resource constraints, recently it won’t be accomplished, but we have recorded this request, thanks for the feedback.

One of the positive things about open source software is that anyone can collaborate. Maybe if you stop complaining about R+D resources, and you invite people who can translate from Chinese to English, they could do it in a while…

Another positive thing about open source is the friendly, collaborative way that we should be interacting with each other. While Google Translate isn’t perfect, it does provide a path to creating a pull request that can be submitted for inclusion.

Open source is about people scratching an itch. If your itch is to have the comments in English, I would like to encourage you to take the initiative to run them through Google Translate and make a contribution to the project. In that fashion, it may well make it easier for the devs in China to make the effort required to translate the comments going forward.

Trust me. I tried it. What I get in English have no sense, and I don’t speak Chinese, so I can’t check the tranlation.

And trust me again. I translated mBlock to Catalan and I have uploaded the translation 2 months ago. They have launched 2 new mBlock versions, but surprisingly, Catalan translation is not abailable.

I asked for a 32 bit Linux version, and the answer was that they won’t work for a 32 bit version for the moment. I linked to a website that explains how to compile it, and I suggested to link to that website in the download page. 6 days later, nothing happened.

Now I’m finishing the compilation of 32 and 64 bit Linux versions with Catalan translation. I’ll share the download link (to my own storage service) here. It would be great if someone link to it (or better, storage it) in mBlock for Linux downlod page.