Mblock 5 bluetooth connection issue

Hi I am trying to pair my mBot with mblock 5.01 on a Windows 7 PC.
I am using a standard CSR8510.A10 bluetooth 4.0 dongle (Hci version 6.8891 LMP version 6.8891).
Discovery and Pairing works perfect with Mblock 3. But with mblock 5 it keeps scanning for Bluetooth devices forever and just keeps toggling detection sounds. no bluetooth connection is possible, what is wrong here?
Any driver fix available that fixes this Problem ? USB cable works fine as well.
BR
kehlh

Is the PC built-in Bluetooth? Or a third party external dongle?
What is the Bluetooth version of your mBot?

For a makeblock Bluetooth dongle, we need to pair bluetooth and bluetooth dongle; non-makeblock Bluetooth dongle, I am not sure how to pair and whether compatible with the Bluetooth module.
For PC built-in Bluetooth dongle 4.0, you need to install driver referring to this link.

It is an external Module version and brand described above. What concerns the mbot Bluetooth version, I dont know how to determine that exactly. The model is described as mbot V1.1 Blue Bluetooth version. The backside of the BT Module reads Bluetooth Module (dual Mode). I dont think it is a pc Bluetooth issue as I explained connection works perfect between both modules with mblock 3. For me this looks like a mblock 5 Sw issue. Or at least it seems Bluetooth pairing works differently between mblock 3 and 5 can you fix that?
BR
kehlh

can you please take a photo of the Bluetooth module on the mBot for me?

here both sides of the module:

Thanks for the information. According to customers feedback, this one can connect in mBlock 3 with PC built-in Bluetooth. In mBlock 5, Zadig driver is necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.