mBlock 3.4.12 Bluetooth connection

Dear All,

Where can I find the latest tutorials for connecting bluetooth to ranger with mBlock 3.4.12
My students are using MacBook Air, the interface shows different interface 37%20AM37%20AMwith the current tutorial.

Hi deriklaw,
Can you connect it with PC built-in Bluetooth previously before with mBlock 3.4.11?
Can you please take a photo of the Bluetooth module for me?

Do you have the latest tutorial? the one I see from your ebook is different from the interface. The bluetooth option is greyout. I have install audrino driver, update the firmware. What is the next step?

To tell you the truth, our Bluetooth module is not designed for connecting mBlock software through PC built-in Bluetooth adapter, but requires Makeblock Bluetooth dongle. But some customers feedback that with the older bluetooth module (blue back) can do the direct connection with PC built-in Bluetooth adapter for online programming in mBlock 3. The new Bluetooth module (with silver cover and labelled with ble_v1.0_c) don’ have this function, as it is not designed for that. With mBlock 5, we have some improvements to the software, the direct connection information, you may turn to this post.
I also tested later that older Bluetooth module in mBlock 3 (3.4.11 or 12). So if you have the older version, in mac, you can go to system preference-Bluetooth, see if it detects makeblock Bluetooth signal. You can try to connect it here first, then go to mBlock 3, choose serial port like: /dev/tty.Makeblock-ELETSPP
instead of /dev/tty.Bluetooth-incoming-Port.
By the way, if you have to have a Bluetooth module with silver cover but labels “dual mode ble_v2.0”, it should work like the old one (blue back). But when select serial port, it may be /dev/tty.Makeblock_…".

Also with this connection, only online debug program works, and we have to update firmware first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.